Wednesday May 9,2012 By· Comments
While researching search engine optimization techniques for your website or blog, you may have heard of the phrase “white hat” and “black hat” SEO. These are nicknames given to SEO tactics. White hat SEO refers to tactics that search engines like Google approve of, and include things like good design, logical structure to your website, and quality content.
White hat SEO techniques can have more lasting results for your website’s search ranking and your reputation, because a quality website grows by word-of-mouth.
Black hat SEO techniques include deceptive techniques like invisible or off-screen text.
These deceptive practices can give you short-term rankings, but in the long run, can often cause you to be banned from search engine’s listings either temporarily or permanently.
- The Basics of Search Engine Optimization: Are Your URLs Search Engine Friendly?
- The Basics of Search Engine Optimization: Make Your Site Easy to Navigate
- The Basics of Search Engine Optimization: Quality Content
- Don’t Get Bogged Down By Search Engine Optimizing
- Search Engine Optimization Tips From Google