Monday Jul 9,2012 By· Comments
If you are serious about search engine optimization, one thing that cannot be emphasized enough is “quality content.” Quality content, and new content, is what helps your site rise in search rankings, as well as gain word-of-mouth and social media links.
But coming up with quality content isn’t always easy, especially when you are developing new quality content multiple times a week.
1) Ask your audience. Use your social media channels to crowd-source content ideas and see what things your audience wants you to talk about.
2) Consider a list. Lists are often a great way to present and organize information, making it easier for people to process.
3) Use real-world examples. Look at what is going on in your life and consider how it is applicable to the topic of your blog or website. If you can relate to it, chances are so can your audience.
4) Be topical. If something is going on in news or current events, you can cover it. This can be anything from the launch of a new tech product to events like the Oscars or the Super Bowl, that have huge audiences. Many people do spoof events for things like March Madness and do brackets for anything from “worst celebrity outfits” to “cake versus pie.”
5) Be creative! Don’t be afraid to use some of your more off-the-wall ideas.
6) It doesn’t always have to be written post. Branch out and try other forms of media. If you want to do a special video blog and use that as the basis for a post, go for it. It is unique and interesting to do things you don’t normally do, and you may get a positive reaction.
7) It’s okay to do a “highlights” post. One way to get some extra mileage out of your content at the end of the week is to create a highlights or recap post, listing some of the most popular or most commented on posts during the week.